Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Crisps, Chips, Whatever...

So...they have a thing for funny-flavoured chips here in the UK. Micky is our designated taste tester.



Walker's Crisps recently held a contest to "Do us a Flavour" and come up with a new crisp taste sensation. Out of 1.2 million entries, the finalists were

Cajun Squirrel
Builder's Breakfast
Chili & Chocolate
Onion Bhaji
Crispy Duck & Hoisin
Fish & Chips

The winner was Builder's Breakfast: a chip flavoured with sausage, eggs, bacon and ... wait for it....beans.

As a Kerby, I appreciate this commitment to the art of the crisp. However, I remain a stalwart Nacho Cheese Dorito girl.

P.S.: Before you criticise my use of "our" for flavour and "ise" for criticise, note it's a hold-over from writing all my papers in UK English. I assure you it will be out of my system in no time at all.

No comments: